Sunday, May 16, 2004

Schisms

So here we are. I'm handing first-born back after a fun weekend. The Ex adopts a concerned air:

She: "So how are you doing"

Me (internal): "How do you think I'm doing? I'm still coming to terms with the fact that my entire future has disappeared in a puff of smoke"

Me (external): "Fine"

She: "And how you coping?"

Me (internal): "I haven't beaten the crap out of your boyfriend, or told your employers that two of their employees have broken a Big Rule. Thats gotta be good."

Me (external): "Fine"

She: "Oh, thats good. Are you ok to baby-sit first-born tomorrow night"

Me (internal): "Only if you promise to die before me. This is the thought that sustains me."

Me (external): "I'd love to"

Oh, the curse of amicability. This journal provides an excellent venting point.

In the good news department, it looks like I might have the funds to kick off my apartment purchase on June 4th. Hurrah!

So - the jacuzzi. Underwater lighting. Tacky or essential?