Sunday, May 30, 2004

Like A Rubber Ball...

Brighton and Hove Albion got promoted to the first division today. My brother is a huge fan, which means that I follow their antics (its a sort of osmosis thing I guess. Either that, or that same grim fascination with which one cannot help observing road accidents). It also means that when he visits tomorrow, he'll insist we celebrate by starting the christmas crate of beer he brought back from Belgium.

Hey ho, say I.

Of course, the jubilation will be short lived. It'll be straight back down to the second division next year. Boiiiing. Gotta love a team with the name of their sponsor enblazoned on their shirts. And that sponsor is called "Skint".

First-born is staying over for a couple of nights and has discovered a stash of books I had as a kid. Tomorrow I have to explain why the versions of Noddy she's read are quite a bit different from the original ones on my shelf. Tessie Bear comes across as a bit of, er, a fast lady too. Shocking, I tell you.