Monday, May 10, 2004

The High Cost Of Living

Just got the mortgage cost through. £800 a month.

Sweet Jesus.

I feel like Doc Brown in 'Back To The Future' railing about his future self's excessive use of gigawatts: "How could I have been so wasteful?"

Time to reign-in or rethink. Damn. And I was really looking forward to that jacuzzi too.

Its at times like these that I thank the (insert preferred deity here) for the internet. And Aubrey The Arse Hamster (rated R for rudeness. Obviously.)

(17:12 edit - ok, ok, I know that would buy a mansion replete with a staff of maidens ready and willing to tend to my every debauched and hedonistic need in other parts of the world. But I don't live in other parts of the world. I need to live near first-born. Such is my personal tragedy. I think I'm going to get myself an old VW Camper instead. I have fond memories of VW Campers.)