Friday, September 24, 2004

Childish, Oh So Childish

Someone said on the radio today: "Isn't it odd how we spend such a big chunk of our lives at work, but never really talk about it"

No it isn't, it isn't odd at all.

Yes, I had a stupendously bad day. The foul-up fairy paid a visit and waved her little wand of poo (now starring in South Park as 'Mr Hanky') over all she surveyed.

Which is why the toilet humour in this little video has made me laugh so much I actually cried. Sometimes it can feel really good to regress back to the playground, throw off the veneer of sophistication and enjoy being really childish.

I always felt The Lord Of The Rings was missing something (other than dialog that wasn't buttock clenchingly bad.) Now I know; Fart Jokes.

It was Dickens who said "for it is good to be children sometimes..." - right on, Chuck. I've yet to find the Dickensian quote that gives me carte-blanche to be a child *all* the time though.

Sigh...