Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The News, Boss, The News

Oh, I'm so excited. I'm really, really excited. Mere words cannot describe my excitement.

I think I've found a place to live. My first flat/apartment as a single person. My first space to call my own.

I've seen a few places around this town. Up until now I was pondering two places... the first was a Victorian terraced house hidden in a row behind a pub. I liked it, but it was a little far from the town centre.

Of course, when there's a pub at the end of your garden, this is less of a problem.

The other potential was an apartment in a converted country house. This looked fabulous on the outside. Go read a Jane Austen novel and you'll get an idea. I had to restrain myself from saying "Oh, Mr Darcy" as I admired the facade.

The inside was somewhat different. Think 'Care Home For The Elderly'. But, well, it was ok...

However, today I've found The Place. Right in the middle of town. Well inside budget. Titchy tiny. Space for First-born. And a little bit interesting (it goes over three floors, with a room on each floor.) I'm going to visit the agent tomorrow and shake her hand off.

Everyone's invited to the house-warming.