Sunday, September 26, 2004

A Hex On The Ex

...not that there would be a lot of point. Nature has been cruel enough to her as it is.

When did I get to be so bitter and twisted? Oh yeah, I remember, approximately six months ago.

So, there was a meeting last week. A cosy gathering of The Ex, The Boyfriend and I, all around a table in Pizza Express, glowering at each other. Except for The Boyfriend, his semi-blindness means he can often be found carrying on intense conversations with the furniture. An improvement over talking to The Ex, I'd wager.

Ouch, there I go again.

First Born had been left with The Uncle. Which is how the row started. We had planned to talk about money; the fact they owe me £100,000 for my half of the marital property. But The Ex had other things on her mind:

She: "So why is First-born staying with The Uncle? What's wrong with YOUR father?"
Me: (inward sigh) "Because my father doesn't like you. You know that. If you want to collect First-born yourself, The Uncle is the only option"
She: "I don't understand; why doesn't your father like me?"
Me: (I can't believe she even has to ask this) "Um... because of what's happened?"
She: (getting louder) "But YOU said you'd be amicable!"
Me: "Yes, and I have. But I can't control how my family feels, which is why its best for you not to try and pop in for tea" (yes, this really did almost happen)
She: (shouting now) "Oh, that makes me SO angry! Its just NOT FAIR"

And with that she stormed off to the bathroom. Presumably to strangle an adorably fluffy kitten or something.

I looked evenly at The Boyfriend. He looked at a chair that I presume he thought was me.

"Don't fancy your's much, mate."

...and as for the money? Thats a whole other story...