Monday, September 20, 2004

Newly Frightened

Yes, I *am* going to become one of the legions that join a gym and then never go again. I have an appointment with a lady called Jane tonight, who will show me around.

She sounds somewhat fearsome:

J: "Oh, don't worry sir! We'll whip you into shape into no time. It just takes a bit of committment on your part!"
Me: "Oh, er, jolly good..."
J: "So we'll see you tonight. 7pm good for you? Excellent! Don't be late - I can't be doing with tardiness!"

(click)

I have a vision of a 7 foot woman wielding hockey sticks. The sort who would wear tweed in her more casual moments and charges through life like an enthusiastic labrador puppy.

A few beers after work are going to be needed in order to stiffen the resolve. I can only hope she doesn't wield a breathalyser...