Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Lets Recap

I think its time for an update. Mainly because this is a diary, and I should note these things which, being a man, I'll otherwise forget.

Life has got very confusing in the last six months. From 14 years with one female companion to being resolutely single with occasional fun girlfriends. I'm going to have to update The Cast, am I not?

Firstly we have The Waitress. A woman who manages to combine stunning looks with being absolutely lovely. I have no idea what she sees in me. Downside? She doesn't like Father Ted. I can probably live with that.

Then we have The Work Colleague. I have a rule about relationships at work; mainly because when they go wrong you have to see the person on a daily basis. The rule is Don't. But after the last few weeks I'm thinking about quitting and dropping out for a couple of years. So maybe the rule could be a little bendier than thought.

And there's The Hairdresser. The wedding with the Greek chap called George is apparently off. And she's popping around the house to ensure I'm spiffy for Barcelona on Friday. And then she's takinig me out for lunch. Father would not approve, which is as good a reason as any.

And finally there is The Lady Of The Weekend. This is a tricky one; I'm scrupulously honest in all things (it would be hypocritical not to) so all the people listed here are aware of the existence of the others and that I'm not seeking anything more meaningful than fun nights out and fun nights in. And to be honest, it'll take a long, long time before I'm willing to trust anyone further than that again. Shallowness is the new Black, dahling.

However, The Lady Of The Weekend has voiced a need for something more. She wants me to meet her parents. She wants to meet my parents. She even wants to meet First-born.

I suspect the back injury sustained at her hands may have been a cunning ploy to stop me running a mile.

I'm joking. I think.