Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Traditional English Ale

And here we are again. Far too much TEA drunk in far too short a time with The Uncle.

I exercised sufficient self-control to declare a desire for "an early night" and weaved back from the pub, stopping only at the chip shop to replenish carbohydrates lost through the raising of the wrist.

I miss First-born. Tomorrow is her first day back at school. She'll be in a new year, with a new teacher and a new class. And I will only hear about it through a crackly telephone line tomorrow night. I want to read her a story, tell her everything will be ok, and sit through another showing of Toy Story until she falls asleep.

Yes, I'm a little tipsy and perhaps a little maudlin.

I also decided that I have to move out. My father and aunt have been kindness and supportiveness personified. But I need my own place. I hope they understand.

Tomorrow, I shall start hunting for somewhere to rent. Somewhere with big windows.