Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Implements Of Destruction

Apologies to Arlo Guthrie for that title, but I've always liked "Alice's Restaurant"

However, at the gym I was introduced to the Implements Of Destruction of the lovely Samantha (who, I am selfishly sad to say, is happily married.) These implements being the weights.

God, I hate weights. The rowing machine is the worst, but the weights come in a very close second. I think it may be something to do with a trick played on me when I had a summer job in a factory, aged 13. I was sent to the warehouse to ask for a "long weight" for one of the machines.

Those who get the joke, well done. Those who don't; welcome to my (13 year old) world.

Although at the gym I realised how male obesity could be wiped out. Overnight. Its simple; force all men to join a gym. Staff that gym with beautiful women. The men will then push themselves to the limit and beyond to impress these women. The result will be either:

a) The formerly obese men regain their fitness, thus saving the healthcare system billions
b) The men will keel over from a major coronary and thus remove themselves from the statistics

Its a win-win situation. Although I suspect I'd fall into the (b) category. If this journal suddenly stops being updated, you'll know why.