Monday, September 13, 2004

Instructions For Life, Part 338

"How To Get Served Quickly In A Bar

Dress as a nun. Ideally a nun in mini-skirt and distressed fishnet stockings. Oversized high heeled shoes are also helpful."

Well, it worked for me. The crowds parted like I was some sort of latter day Moses, albeit one wearing really itchy tights, and possessed of a nagging worry that the previous wearer of the wimple may not have been too particular in the personal hygiene stakes.

Having a crowd of similarly clad friends around me may also have helped somewhat.

Yes, the show was very good. We sang our little hearts out. We adlibbed the lines in an inappropriate fashion. We failed to win any prizes - I guess I should shave next time. And maybe wax.

Next time; Rocky Horror. I've rediscovered my taste for costume. Heh.