Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Survival Of The Fittest

Warning label on my shampoo bottle:

"Caution! Avoid contact with eyes. If product enters eye, use water or medicated eye-wash to remove irritation. If irritation persists, seek medical attention as soon as possible."

Goodness, what are they putting in Head And Shoulders these days? That pesky dandruff must be a tough little devil. I'll have to start wearing goggles in the shower, which sounds a little kinky to me and tricky to explain to any significant other that wants to join you:

He: "Er, do you mind if I use some protection?"
She: "Oh, of course not. Thank you for being so thoughtful"
He: "Good - could you pass me those Speedo goggles, please?"
She: "!"

Did I mention that I was just a little excited about my house? It has a slightly rude address though. Ok, the actual address (xx High Street) isn't rude at all, but in the true tradition of all old English towns, the street address has no bearing on the actual location of the house, which lurks down a narrow victorian alley called "Farnboroughs Passage". Sound like something Oscar Wilde might have written in his memoirs:

"On Saturday last, Alfred and I spent a delightful afternoon up Farnborough's Passage..." (continue innuendo until every internet cafe in the world starts blocking this journal)

Yes, I am in a childish mood today. And quite absurdly happy.