Tuesday, June 15, 2004

567 Emails...

...were waiting for me when I got back.

What did people do before email? Oh yeah, I'm old - I remember. People talked to each other, and left tersely worded memos on desks indicating either:

"Hey, man, I got into the office before you. See how important I am. Worship me, for I am The Lord"

or

"I'm an anally retentive idiot. Please ignore me, and use this memo in the event you've eaten a British Airways chicken sandwich and need something on which to catch your pelvis"

Nah, things haven't changed that much really.

Its time to play Email Roulette. This involves closing my eyes and holding down the delete key while I count to 3. If any were important, they'll get back to me.

(24 hours ago I was skimming pebbles on a crystal clear sea. How did I get so jaded so fast?)