Saturday, June 05, 2004

Bungeeeeeee...

3 years ago, my mother died very suddenly. She wasn't particularly old (having barely hit 50) and was looking forward to early retirement travelling around the world a few times having spent the last 30 years saving towards it.

I decided then to make a list of things that I wanted to do before I died and do them as soon as I could (I added a few more after getting dumped by The Ex.) The List is a phyiscal bit of paper with handwritten entries. When I complete an entry, I put a line through it and write a page in a diary along with some photos.

Last night was Reverse Bungee night. I'd planned to be cool and manly during the catapulting-into-the-air part of the whole thing. Unfortunately, I screamed like a three-year-old.

Sort of.

Most three-year-olds don'tsay "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" for almost a minute without drawing breath.

And while I crossed that off The List, I noted a free-fall jump (where you are hoisted up on a crane and dropped onto netting about 100 feet below.) Another entry for The List, I think.

(Lovely SMS text from First-born today: "Come home soon, Dad. I miss you X" - sad and lovely at the same time.)