Saturday, June 12, 2004

What To Do, What To Do

And so I'm into my last 2 full days here. Then its a return to civilisation and sitting behind a desk, scowling randomly at people walking past.

The last set of races are late this afternoon, and I've gone and woken up early (having sat up to watch the sun rise)

Should I:

a) Go for another long walk along the beach, this risking sunburn and Big Thoughts
b) Raid the bar
c) Make a concerted effort to finish off A Tale Of Two Cities
d) A combination of the above

In spite of the big thoughts over the course of the week, I think I've scored a 10 on the debauched behviour scale. Cue a conversation from a few nights ago:

He: "Dude, do you want a beer?"
Me: "It would be rude not to. I'll have two, please. Just in case."
He: "Hey, I don't think I've seen you without a beer since we arrived."
Me: "Don't be silly, there was that time last night. I didn't drink beer then."
He: "Dude, that was Tequila."
Me: "Well, there you go."

I necked a couple of pints of water that night. Mainly to make a point. But thats been it on the soft-drink front. It all stems from not drinking any fluids at all in the morning (normally because I sleep through the morning) and waking up for lunch. Which is accompanied by a beer.

I have a feeling I'm going to have one hell of a hangover on Tuesday morning...