Tuesday, June 29, 2004

You're Wearing What?



You can't beat off-site meetings. Especially when they're in a place that serves proper food.

I've spent they day at a golf club, talking work. I must confess, I don't really 'get' golf. I tend to subscribe to Mark Twain's statement on the matter. I mean, I like walking, I like the countryside, I like taking quiet time to sit and count blades of grass.

But dress up in checked shorts and beat the heck out of a little ball for three hours? I don't get it.

And on the subject of golf-dress, please take a moment to check out the image. When I turned up for the meeting I was garbed in my usual off-site attire; jeans and t-shirt. The woman at reception took one look at me, sniffed, and wordlessly pointed her pen at the sign.

I leaned forward, and in a conspiritorial whisper shamelessly plagerised Churchill with "Madam, I may be underdressed, but you are ugly. In the morning I shall purchase a suit."

I didn't really. I ignored her and headed for the bar.