Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Thinking Too Much Is Bad For The Mind



This post is from the Department Of Thoughtfulness. Anyone looking for tales of debauchery and silliness involving beer, motorcyles and innuendo should check back in about 7 hours. I'll have seen The Purple Helmets doing their thing and will have a full report.

I went for a long walk this morning. 5 hours, all in. Some of it on the beach, some of it on pavement. All of it along the coast. It was very good thinking time. Or bad, as the case may be. The beach was mostly deserted, just me and a bunch of seagulls.

I took a load of pictures, but the one above had a certain symbolism for me. I liked the way the sea was choppy on one side of the rock, and smooth on the other. Its hard to explain, but my life used to be smooth like the sea on the left. Now its like the sea on the right. Its fun at the moment, but one day I'd like to be able to choose the smooth side again. So I need to find that rock. Then I'm free to do either.

Aaagh, I'm having problems articulating this. I'll think some more. In the meantime, I'm going to store the hi-res version of that picture so I can get it printed poster size and put on the wall. It means something.