Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Ouch Ouch Ouch



See the image above? It has a name. "Evil Bastard".

Including my vacation, I've not actually done the 25 mile round trip to work and back for three weeks, and its amazing how quickly one loses the hard-fought-for fitness. And, of course, I didn't stretch before starting out. Yes, I am an idiot.

The back wheel did not fall off, the tyres didn't go flat and I got wolf-whistles from some girls waiting at the bus-stop.

So, my legs are vibrating in a slightly distressing way, my back hurts and my buttocks feel like they've gone 3 rounds with Madame Whiplash. Aside from that, yeah, it was good. Makes a change to ride in the sunshine for a change.

New Meaning To Old Word Of The Day:

Fovant (n.)
A taxi driver's gesture, a raised hand pointed out of the window which purports to mean 'thank you' and actually means 'fuck off out of the way'.

(courtesy of The Meaning Of Liff)