Thursday, June 24, 2004

But On The Positive Side

First-born is staying over tomorrow night! Yay!

She's almost at the end of her school year (this time in a fortnight we'll be preparing for our trip to Disney; staying in a very posh hotel in London and then away on the Eurostar from Waterloo direct to the park) and had a glowing report, so I'm going to take her to her favourite resteraunt; a Tex-Mex themed place where the serving staff wear cowboy hats and affect American accents.

I suspect First-born is most interested in the sparkly costumes. I'm more interested in the fact they serve beer by the jug.

Have no fear though, I have not abandoned the pursuit of debauchery... oh no. The weekend looks like being tough on the liver (as well as several other vital organs.) And as for next Friday... one of the elder statesmen of the family is taking us on a day-long pub crawl of central London, starting at 9:30 in the morning. The last time I went to one of these sessions, I ended up falling through a wall (having climbed onto a table to pontificate about fine port versus fine wine.)