Thursday, June 24, 2004

Can't Beat A Bike Ride



I still felt a bit odd this morning, but the bike ride soon cleared the general fussiness.

Yes, beer had been taken too. Always a bad idea. I'm going to devise a breathalyser I can attach to my laptop which will stop me sending maudlin emails to friends. Outlook would refuse to send until you breathe into the breathalyser, and if the alcohol level detected is at or above "stupid drunk person" level, it'll hold the emails until morning when you'd have a chance to review them.

I could make millions, millions I tell you.

I also got to wear my new outfit. I replaced the last items in my wardrobe yesterday (a pair of ancient shorts that were the consistency of cheese-cloth and a distressingly threadbare t-shirt) with some lycra shorts (with padding - 25 miles a day can hurt, you know?) and a really, really high-visibility top.

The shorts almost got me thrown out of the shop, owing to my brain thinking one thing and my mouth saying something else. I mixed up latex and lycra. Picture the scene:

Me: "Hello, I'd like to buy some shorts please."
He: "Certainly sir. Was there a particular type you had in mind?"
Me: "Well, yes. I rather like latex"
He: "?"
Me: "You know - black latex shorts. Skin tight on the thighs. That kind of thing."
He: "!"
Me: "...and hard wearing. My last pair got worn away on the bottoms."
He: "I think you're in the wrong shop, sir..."

Anyway, I manage to acquire a pair and proudly wore them on the bike today. And promptly got pooed on by a bird.

I'm told that it's "lucky" to be pooed on by a bird. Yeah, right.