Thursday, June 17, 2004

Happy Days

Did I mention that First-Born is staying over? Right through until Sunday evening. She was positively jumping with excitement (mainly because her great-aunt and grandfather fuss over her something rotten rather than anything to do me.)

I may have to drop some subtle hints about Fathers Day.

Good to have her under the roof, and I think we're starting to get into a routine.

Now, here's a thing. Living at home with a parent for the first time in 14 years is an odd, odd experience. I left home under somewhat of a cloud, aged 18, and shacked up with The Ex. And here I am, 32, and back.

Don't get me wrong, my father is really making an effort. But I haven't even got a lock on my door. Just now he burst in:

"Why are you using that computer in the dark - its bad for you eyes"
"You should be asleep - you've been looking very tired lately"
"Don't forget to eat breakfast before you leave tomorrw, and make sure you make some for First-born"

And I have to fight the urge to turn into Kevin The Teenager

And for gods sake man, knock. I could have been doing anything in here. Anything.

With the apartment purchase dragging on forever, I may have to consider sleeping in the car.