Saturday, June 19, 2004

Annoying Things

The Ex was in a strange mood today.

She'd been drinking again and was a little maudlin. The Boyfriend had made himself scarce.

Here are some quotes:

"First-born said she doesn't like me and wants to live with you. Its not fair."
(well, what the fuck did you think would happen? - you moved her father out and your boyfriend in within the space of a week without warning. First-born isn't stupid)

"Why won't any of your family talk to me?"
(well, duh)

"My parents won't stop talking about how great you are. Its really upsetting me."
(you're mistaking me for somebody who cares what your parents think. Did I tell you I was going skiing over new year?)

"Why were you so rude in front of my friends and The Boyfriend when you picked First-born up? You hardly said a word! I thought we were being amicable."
(keeping my mouth shut seemed the best option)

And it looks like they want to defer a portion of the settlement...