Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Gotta Love Those Arrows



A pleasant day today spent lounging on the grass at Ramsey, watching motorcycles attempt the Quarter Mile with the added bonus of a display by the Red Arrows.

My eldest cousin flies for the Royal Air Force and has the following to say on the Arrows:

Q: "How do you know you're talking to a pilot from The Red Arrows?"
A: "Oh, they'll bloody tell you soon enough"

I think he may still be a tad bitter that he flies cargo (of the talking and non-talking variety) while they scud about in acrobatic jets.

Damn impressive though. As you can see by the picture - they came pretty close (not much of a zoom on the camera, you see. I've only got a cheap Canon which is good for taking shots of the inside of my pocket and little else.)

More later. I can hear the call of a bottle of beer. Sounds just like a seagull. Odd that.